He Empowers Our Journey:
In recent years terms power and empowerment have been over-used in both secular and sacred circles. In the church, the focus has been our power and demonstration, on the empowerment of the laity, and on power evangelism.
Power and empowerment, even with all the misuse and abuse, are still terms that reflect what the Promises of Pentecost is all about.
THREE WAYS POWER WAS DEMONSTRATED IN THE OLD TESTAMENT:
2. National Crisis
3. Divine Revelation
FOUR WAYS POWER WAS DEMONSTRATED IN THE NEW TESTAMENT: Acts 2:14-17
1. The power of signs and wonders.
2. The power of transformation.
3. The power of proclamation.
4. The empowerment of the laity.
FIVE WAYS THE HOLY SPIRIT EMPOWERS US FOR THE JOURNEY: Acts 2:18-21
1. To use our GOD-given gifts in a powerful ministry to others. Acts 2:38
2. To live the holiness lifestyle in an unholy world. Acts 2:39
3. To discover spiritual strength and stamina in times of pain and disappointment. Acts 2:40
4. To boldly testify and demonstrate what Joel and Peter preached. Acts 2:41-42
5. To face a New Year with stability and hope. Acts 2:43
Thanks for listening. Week 3 of 40 days of fasting and praying, keep up the faith.